Tuesday, October 09, 2007

spinning away



Im slowly getting better... This is one strand of domestic white top and one of something grey-- honestly I dont really know. Im just practicing with all the pieces of roving ive got in my bag. I have also been really enjoying spinning some merino roving dyed by Karrie.

This weekend I received a package in the mail (always exciting) with musk ox fiber my friends found in Alaska while doing field work. So exciting! Its got some plant material in it and smells like animal, but its much cleaner than you might expect to find. The cat is pretty interested in the smell and spent a good 10 min sniffing around after I opened the envelop. Im going to need to find myself some cards that can handle it.

I also have for you today an indication that we have made progress on the wedding quilt


and a furrier version


We have actually finished all of the sewing and just need to snip off the tails of thread hanging out and take some photos before we can deliver it. Winter is coming at some point (its even supposed to rain today) and they might need it!

1 comment:

jc said...

Awesome! Glad you got the package...we hope you can make something out of it...it's not too much, but we did dry it out in our sauna for you so it didn't smell like wet musk ox at least!