Saturday, February 02, 2008

movin on



We finished our move a few weeks ago but are still getting settled. Im working on acquiring some additional furniture so we can finish unpacking and I can get back into all of my projects. I've been scouring craigslist for the perfect finds but it is so time consuming to find anything that falls under a generic description. We have made one late night trip to ikea, but otherwise have relied heavily on donations from my parents and some carpentry. I have gotten one thing from craigslist though, a table to serve as ground zero for crafty adventures. It is your classic 1950's kitchen table complete with two spring loaded pull-out leaves. I think it goes nicely with my 1950's sewing machines.



I do occasionally feel nostalgic about our old place although the nearly constant cold rainy weather of the last two weeks would not have been any more fun with 85% of the walls comprised of unsealed single pane windows. Nonetheless the full southern exposure in the winter was something close to heaven for me on sunny days and I will miss it.


I made a set of photos of the old place, a retrospective if you will, and you can see them on flickr.

No comments: